Thursday 19 January 2017

Followers of Lachesis

My Tzeentch warband is fully mustered and almost fully painted, but I thought I'd share my progress so far for anyone interested. I've been in full hobby swing the past 2-3 weeks in preparation for our Age of Sigmar: Path to Glory campaign. As well as my warband, I've been working on a whole bunch of new terrain for our games, just to break away from the monotony of fighting on my desert boards all the time. But for now, the warband:

Lachesis the Beholder
My army's General, though he uses the Gaunt Summoner model and rules, actually has a different background. I won't go into it too much here, but in life he was a great scholar and explorer, uncovering Chaotic artifacts to keep the world safe from their thrall, but naturally his line of work slowly corrupted him. As the End Times happened, he vanished without a trace, only to materialize some years later, now more daemon than man, bearing the name Lachesis.

Honestly, this is probably the best model I've painted for a very long time. I'm not the best painter in the world, and I often find it a chore to paint my models, but I spent a good several hours on this guy, and even tried my hand at wet blending which I'd never done before, and I'm quite pleased with the result.


Chaos Marauders
The Marauders are human barbarians bent to the will of Lachesis, and imbued with his magical energy. They are just basic marauders in the rules, but I really dislike the GW models so instead I used some Bloodreavers. I just removed the khornate imagery, like I did for my barbarian Lord in the last update, and painted them blue!

There's a lot of naff stuff on these guys, particularly the standard bearer's shield on the right, as my brushes are old and I found a lot of the detail hard going (harder than normal, I mean), but I will endeavour to clean them up at a later date.

Chaos Knights
My 2 units of knights. Like the marauders, they too have been imbued with powerful magic. Nobody has seen the Knights of Lachesis without their armour, which has led to much speculation as to whether they are even men at all, anymore.

Again, there's a few naff spots on these models, and a few areas unpainted at all yet, but they are very much paint-in-progress, so they should improve a little. But they are pretty much done at this point (aside from the base rims).

Next up I have 2 units of 2 Chaos spawn to add. I have 1 unit already complete from my Word Bearers army. I have the models for the second unit, largely painted, but I've not taken piccies of them yet. That will come soonish, I hope.

I'm actually quite looking forward to our campaign. I've done a lot of poring over the warscrolls for each of our units, and things seem pretty even, so it should prove interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment