Wednesday 9 November 2016

PATH TO GLORY - Age of Sigmar

Before we learned about the 40k Path to Glory rules, my friend and I wanted to start our Age of Sigmar collections by doing a small Path to Glory campaign and seen in the General's Handbook. Our 40k campaign took precedence as we already have enough models to make those warbands, and would take less effort and money.

However, in the future we plan on going ahead with our Age of Sigmar campaign. Our warbands have been rolled for, and now all we have to do is get the models and paint them up.

My opponent always wanted a Vampire Counts army in Warhammer Fantasy but never got around to it. Now is his chance to scratch his necromantic itch and start a Death warband. His warband comprises a Wight King, 3 units of skeletons, 2 units of Grave Guard, and a unit of Black Knights. He wanted one of his skeleton units to be archers as seen in the defunct Tomb Kings rules.

As for my army, I went for a Chaos army (this was before we decided to do a 40k Path to Glory campaign). I've always had a bit of a soft spot of Tzeentch. In my Word Bearer's daemonic allies force Tzeentch was my second choice of patron after Slaanesh. Now was my chance to do an entire Tzeentchian army. So I made my rolls, and got a unit of Marauders, 2 units of Chaos Knights, and 2 units of Spawn. My friend also allowed me to use the Gaunt Summoner as my army's general, simply because GW have yet to release a Chaos Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch that I like.

When the first issue of the new and much improved White Dwarf came out, they released it with a free Khorne Slaughterpriest model. Jumping at the opportunity for free stuff, I snapped up my copy and set about converting the Slaughterpriest for my own nefarious ends, taking off all the khornate imagery and adding greenstuff flames to his sword and enclosed fist. With this simple conversion, I had a future Chaos Lord for my Tzeentch warband. I used him as a sort of test model to try out the colour scheme I will use on my marauders (and the rest of my army).

In the end, I quite like the result. I wanted him to look like a barbarian, but fueled and strengthened by the magic of his Master. Also, as this was a single model, I spent a bit more time on him. I still find it hard to maintain my interest when painting, but I think I found an ok balance here.


No comments:

Post a Comment