Wednesday 3 July 2013

Inquisitor 28mm

So a while back, my friend introduced me to 28mm Inquisitor. This concept provides all the cool unique narrative rules of the Inquisitor game with the modelling/converting opportunities of regular 28mm models. He's had a small warband hanging around for ages, and while I've been meaning to get some models sorted for it, I've been putting it off for reasons I won't go into here.
Safe to say, I've done my first few little guys, and I'm quite happy with the results.

Inquisitor Devona Reinhardt


My Inquisitor. I did originally want a male Inquisitor, based off the Commissar Yarrick body, and while this guy will still be done in future, I settled for this lady instead. She's based off a female Vampire from Fantasy, with a few bits added to make her appear more 40k-ish. I think the baroque, gothic-style armour really suits 40k's atmosphere.

Brother Veraad Sobrath


Based on the Vampire Counts plastic Necromancer, Brother Sobrath is a heretic preacher. Once assigned to the Sisters of Battle as a battle orator, his descent into madness began during a battle against daemons. That very battle also took his eyesight, and since then he began to receive visions from the Warp, gradually turning him from Imperial light.
He is old and haggard, the tubes on his back pumping life-sustenance into his body. He also carries a staff, the origins of which are shrouded in mystery, but some say it has the power to control daemons.

Callus


A brutal killer, Callus is the right-hand man of Sobrath. He is based on the Wight King, again from the Vampire Counts range. His armour is ancient, but I added the Chaos Marine shoulder pad to "update" his look; maybe he found the shoulder pad and used it to upgrade his armour mid-battle?

Another fun little thing I'll be doing is using these last two guys as leaders for my cultists units in my 40k Word Bearers army, just to give those units a bit more personality and individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment