Sunday 15 April 2012

Back to Dark Eldar...

As is usually the case with me, I've not stuck to 1 particular project. So my natural progression in all things 'the Hobby' is to go back to my other army, the Dark Eldar. I've re-written the list, and changed the colour scheme. Gone are the wyches and archon, and in comes a Haemonculi and their relative constructs. Well, they will do. For now, I'm concentrating on what I have. Beginning with another warrior squad:
Scorn's Slaughterband
I figured every kabal and haemonculi coven could make use of warriors. Plus, warriors are easily some of the coolest models in 40k in my opinion, so I kept them in my army. They're the ones who capture unwilling test subjects for the Haemonculi during their slave raids.
These guys will take the role of a typical mechanised force, sitting atop their vehicle and shooting the enemy to bits. If... sorry, WHEN their transport gets blown up, they can dive for the nearest cover. They will adoubtedly get assaulted at some point, so I gave the sybarite a pistol and a venom blade for some combat ability. Hopefully, he won't ever have to use them.





The squad's raider is fairly typical with a Dark Lance and Flickerfield. I also gave it splinter racks to assist in all the dakka this squad will be throwing out.
They're not going to win any awards, but they're fine for the tabletop, which is where they'll always be found. I posted my first warrior squad far too long ago, but ironically that's only a few posts down the page. I'll probably end up repainting them to match this new scheme, but that's at the bottom of my agenda.

So that's it for now. I'm working on the next brand new unit as we speak, if I could only figure out how to get some spare splinter cannons (hint, hint).

Cheers, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment